Shu Lea Cheang
download vitae2019 pdf
* incarcerated into the new year.
FLUIDØ presented as part of
Computer Grrrls exhibition at HMKV, Dortmund, Germany.
The Art Happens Here: Net Art's Archival Poetics Rhizome's Net Art Anthology as exhibition at New Museum.
* working on 3x3x6 3D VFX at oh my render studio, Jerez, Spain.
* Showing I.K.U. at Cruising Pavilion
New York: Gay Sex, Architecture & Cruising Cultures
at Ludlow 38.
* Posting in Berlin on 3x3x6.
* FLUIDØ , opening night film at
Palace Film Festival, Bristol, UK.
* Showing LOVEME2030
in LOVE IN THE TIME OF SOCIAL MEDIA,
Kunstraum Walcheturm, Zurich.
* Posting in Berlin on 3x3x6.
* Opening 3x3x6, Taiwan in Venice, Venice Biennale 2019.
* Premiere FISTING CLUB EP1 at UNCENSORED, London.
* In conversation with Paul B.Preciado with screening of
FLUIDØ at Click Denmark.
* holiday at Crete, Greece.
* Setting up farming biz at cycleX, Andes, New York.
* 2 or 3 things i know about SLC - genre bending gender fxxxking
redbull New York MEET THE MAKERS.
* Showing FRESH KILL (35mm, 1994) at AAIFF 42, New York City.
* Garlic=Richair (2019 remake) at Rhizome
Summer program at Rockaway Beach,NY. Get garlic go wireless [play garlic trust game]
* AUGUST in Paris.
* Rehearsal of a Network V.01 Social Body Social Network at Electropixel#9 APO33
* Curating and performing with STWST48x5, Stadtwerkstatt, Linz, Austria. Special curation: mailing list radio streams archived at fro.at. review at Makery.info
by Ewen Chardronnet.
* Showing FISTING CLUB ep1
at L'Étrange festival, Paris.
* I. K. U. (2000) presented at
Cruising Pavilion: Architecture, Gay Sex and Crusing Culture at Arkdes, Sweden.
3x3x6 (2019) Venice Biennale 2019
MYCELIUM NETWORK SOCIETY (2018) a network initiative a la Franchise mode
WONDERS WANDER (2017) a mobi web series for Madrid Pride 2017
FLUIDØ the movie (2017) a cypherpunk scifi movie
CRISISRUS by LAPTOPSRUS (2013) collective networked performance
SEEDS UNDERGROUND (2013) underground party for seed exchange
ACCIDENTAL LANDING (2013) accidentally the wind blows
COMPOSTING THE CITY (2012) adopt a composter
COMPOSTING THE NET (2012) biodegradable data trash
BABY WORK (2012) third part of Locker Baby Project (2001-2012)
CYCLEX (2012) make art make farm, Andes, New York
UKI (2009-2012) a viral performance & a viral game
MOVINGFOREST (2008-2012) 12 hour distributed performance
LAPTOPSRUS (2009-2011) a woman live performers' network platform
AGLIOMANIA (2008-2010) garlic as post-crash currency
FISTING CLUB (2008) performance with Wendy DeLorme
MOBIOPERA (2007) collective cinema with mobilephones
BABY LOVE (2005) 2nd part of locker baby project
MILK (2004) 56K-bastard TV, Switzerland
TRAMJAM RUSH HOUR (2004 - 2007) by Mumbai Streaming Attack
TAKE2030 (2003-2006) hypermedia collective based in london
BURN (2003) burning pirated music CD
GARLIC=RICH AIR 2030 (2003) Limbo Zone, Venice Biennale 2003.
GARLIC=RICH AIR (2002) Challenge to the Fields, Creative Time, New York
KINGDOM OF PIRACY (2002-2006) curated netspace
I.K.U. (2000) Sundance Film Festival
BRANDON (1998-1999) Guggenheim Museum commission
[relaunch 2017] [netart anthology Rhizome]
BUY ONE GET ONE (1997) NTT[ICC] Biennale exhibition and collection
EARLY ONLINE ART
Expand, an interface (2001), commissioned by telepolis
APT(2002), commissioned by xcult,
shrink to fit
STOP(2002), commissioned by Amnesty International
The Digiarchitextual Body – or: Brandon’s
Corporeal Virtualities, Jeppe Ugelvig, Parallax 91 Routledge
sex, prison and digital surveillance, Ewen Chardronnet for MAKERY.
Society Has Become the Biggest Panopticon, Zach Blas for Frieze.
You are. They is. *neo ultra punk*, warehouse industries.
A Network of Spores, Jenna Sutela for transmediale Berlin.
Cyphersex pioneer: Shu Lea Cheang, Jill Blackmore Evans
for Exberliner, Berlin.
Bodies are packaged made to be opened
, B. Ruby Rich re-published at rhizome, New York
Compost your orgasm trash,
Matthew Fuller for Mute, London.
BRANDON, Yin Ho for
Rhizome, New York.
interactive mythologies, Maxence Grugier for Digitalarti Paris.
Shu Lea Cheang art reseau au femininsingulier
@rtek for Culture Mobile Orange Paris
works 2000s - 2000 to 2014
works 1990s - 1990 to 1999
dated 2030 - published at a minima in 2005